If you have twenty minutes and a few store-cupboard ingredients to hand you can whip up a batch of these delicious buns in a flash. Teach this recipe to your children or your grandchildren.
Grandma's Rock Buns
You will need
- 225 g (8 oz) self raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- 100 g (4 oz) butter
- 75 g (3 oz) mixed dried fruit
- 25 g (1 oz) mixed peel
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- Milk to mix
How to make them
- Heat your oven to 200ºC or Gas Mark 6. Grease two baking trays.
- Mix the flour, salt and mixed spice, rub in the butter.
- Stir in the dried fruit, mixed peel and sugar.
- Mix to a stiff dough with egg and milk.
- Place in rough heaps on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy with a nice cup of tea