There's nothing like a hot cross bun at Easter time, fresh and toasted and smeared with unsalted butter. Yum, yum, yum!
Here's a recipe to use up any leftovers:
Dormouse's Chocolatey Easter Pudding
What you will need
- 6 hot cross buns
- Butter to spread
- Small chunks of chocolate or easter egg (we like dark chocolate)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 pink milk
- 1tsp sugar
How to make it
- Slice the hot cross buns in half and lightly butter and sandwich.
- Put the hot cross buns in a baking dish (large enough to hold all six).
- Sprinkle over half the broken up chocolate / Easter egg.
- Beat the eggs milk and sugar together, pour over.
- Sprinkle over the other half of the chocolate / Easter egg.
- Bake at gas mark 3 / 170c for 20 -35 mins until just set.
- Serve with custard or cream.