Monday Review: Secret Ingredients

12:01 am

Here at Dormouse we love nothing more than pretty cupcakes we could happily munch on them all day long, but the time comes when  you can't do up your jeans and you know its time to give it a bit of a rest (for a while anyway).  So when we received a package full of goodies from the lovely folks at Secret Ingredients to test we thought it would be a nice twist to ask a professional cupcaker to review them.  We asked Emma from Emma Bakes Cupcakes to trial them and give us her verdict...


The package contained several different samples and as soon as I saw them I couldn’t wait to get baking. I was immediately inspired by the Cappuccino Pearls and set to work making Mocha Cupcakes. The Cappuccino Pearls looked lovely on the rich chocolaty coffee frosting and they tasted great.














The next ones I tried were the Chocolate-coated Almond Crocants – seriously good. I admit to eating a handful before any actually made it on to the cakes! Their crunchy texture & caramel almond flavour suited the soft chocolate & vanilla cupcakes perfectly.













My other favourites were the Chocolate-coated Toffee Crunch – again I could have happily devoured them straight from the bag! I let my little boy add the few that were left after topping my chocolate cupcakes to his ice cream and he declared them “yummy”.













The Bright Shimmer Strand Mix had a lovely sparkle which made them just that bit different to the others on the market and looked very sweet on some spring themed lemon cupcakes.

The remaining sprinkles – 5 Colour Star Mix, Coloured Mini Chocolate Beans and Bronze Pearls were all very pretty and tasted nice but were pretty much your usual standard toppings you can buy from most supermarkets & cake shops.














Secret Ingredients is great for cake makers like me who bake large amounts regularly as they sell in bulk. My advice would be to go for their chocolate treats as they all taste delicious and look fantastic on cupcakes.

You can visit Secret Ingredients at http://www.secret-ingredients.com/


We were given cupcake toppings free of charge to review by Secret Ingredients.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe