The Dormouse Team all love chocolate. Chocolate cake, hot chocolate, chocolate biscuits.Mmm! We are all in agreement however, thate there is nothing like homemade cookies straight from the oven dripping with melted chocolate. Here's our tried and tasted favourite recipe when we are in a hurry and desperate for that chocolaty hit.
You will need
- 50g Milk chocolate
- 50g Dark chocolate
- 100g Granulated sugar
- 75g Sugar brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Baking powder
- Pinch salt
How to make them
- Heat your oven to 190c / Gas Mark 5. Line two baking sheets with baking parchement. Break the chocolate into little chunks and set to one side.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan until just melted. Pour into a mixing bowl and ad the sugars. Beat well with a wooden spoon.
- Add an egg and the vanilla. Beat again until the mixture is blended.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl and stir in. Add the chocolate. Mixture should be slightly sloppy.
- Dot spoonfuls of the mixture over the lined baking sheets. Be sure to leave space and they really spread out!
- Cook in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes until they are just turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven leave to cool for a few inutes then carefully transfer to a wire cooling rack.